First UMC The Colony has a strong commitment to the spiritual growth of its faith community. We provide a variety of small group experiences and adult Christian education studies to meet the varying needs and interests of its members. Whether you are looking for an information-based experience or a fellowship-based experience, a group is available for you.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Sunday School Classes: 9:45-10:45 AM
Christian living comes from Christian learning.
- New Testament Class is an on-going class that provides an in-depth study of the books of the New Testament. Although this is an ongoing class, new members are free to jump in at any point. This class is lead by David Christiansen.
- Pathways is a discussion oriented study of a current or relevant book selected by the class. Lively and open discussions are encouraged. This class is led by Jay Putnam.
- Bad Girls IN the Bible is a discussion oriented class for women to support one another through study and sharing of life experiences. This class is led by Kathy Perry.
- Koinonia is a group of younger adults ranging from their 20s to 40s. Koinonia is the Greek word for community, particularly a transformative one. We follow various book and Bible studies and encourage authenticity and critical thinking in pursuit of deeper spirituality. This class is led by Adam Young.
- Ladies’ Thursday Morning Study
- Weekly Online Devotionals
- Short-term and Long-term Bible Studies
United Methodist Women
The United Methodist Women (UMW) are a group of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative & supportive fellowship, and to expand concepts of mission through participation in local and global ministries of the church.
Each 2nd Saturday of the month at 9 AM, the United Methodist Women gather for brunch and fellowship. Annual events include a women’s retreat and periodic outreach events.
We have an open circle of friends and there is always room for more. Contact us for more information, email@example.com.
United Methodist Men
The United Methodist Men at First Church The Colony is an organization designed to bring men together by providing opportunities for service to the church and community.
Each 2nd Saturday of the month at 8 AM, the United Methodist Men gather for breakfast and fellowship. Annual events include a men’s retreat, periodic outreach events, and provide home maintenance to those in need. We also support the efforts of the Boy Scout and Cub Scout troops sponsored through the church.
Every male member of the church is a member of the United Methodist Men. We want everyone to have a place where they belong. If you play golf, cook, love music, fishing, camping, hunting, playing sports, watching sports, or whatever your favorite pastime, we want to bring you together with other like-minded men within our group. If you have an interest in leading an event you think other men at First Church would enjoy participating in or you want to participate in an event, please contact us.
Learn more about the General Commission on United Methodist Men