During the summer months, FUMC volunteers participate in Christian Community Action‘s Kids-Eat-Free (KEF) program. For some kids, the end of the school year could mean a summer with fewer lunch options. Through this program children ages 3 to 18 receive healthy lunches every Monday through Friday. Volunteers hand out and/or deliver sandwiches, snacks and drinks.
This is a wonderful outreach ministry for families, small groups, Sunday School classes, and individuals. Please prayerfully consider helping with Kids-Eat-Free in whatever way you feel comfortable. If interested or if you have any questions, please contact us.
Kids-Eat-Free Needs and Volunteers
- Lunch Volunteers: We need five (5) volunteers daily to distribute the meals. We also distribute meals at Budget Suites, located at 5289 S. Hwy. 121.
- Food & Non-food Donations:
- Individually wrapped sweet/salty snacks (chips, gold fish, applesauce, fruit snacks, cookies, drinks and the like)
- Plastic bags from Wal-Mart, Target etc.
- Monetary donations with KEF in the memo line or gift cards
- Gently used children’s books